REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS (CONSULTING SERVICES) ORANGE-SENQU RIVER COMMISSION (ORASECOM)
Support to the Orange-Senqu River Strategic Action Programme Implementation
- The Orange-Senqu River Commission (ORASECOM) secured funding from the Global Environment Fund (GEF) through the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) to implement a project which seeks to strengthen joint management capacity for the basin-wide Integrated Water Resources Management (IWRM) implementation and demonstrating environmental and socioeconomic benefits of ecosystem- based approach to water resources management through the implementation of StrategicAction Programme (SAP) priority actions in the Orange-Senqu
- ORASECOM established a Water Information System (WIS) at the Secretariat, which structure and store data and information generated by ORASECOM (including scenarios), provide links to other appropriate data sets and custodians, provide an overview of the current status of the water resources system. WIS now requires further work to improve and transform it to become an improved data and information management tool that supports decision making.
- ORASECOM seeks to recruit a consulting team to undertake the following:
- Establish user needs and priorities of the WIS
- Establish data and information requirements to meet the needs and priorities
- Propose options for integrating basin-wide water resources monitoring systems/programmes into the WIS
- Facilitate development of data sharing agreement/guidelines/procedures that will assist State Parties to share data and information.
- The terms of reference for the above consultancy can be downloaded from the ORASECOM website at this link.
- The estimated duration of the services, and the relevant information can be found on the Terms of Reference for the consultancy.
- Interested consultants may obtain further information by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 1600hrs on 26 May 2023.
- Proposals and/or Expression of Interest must be received by emails not later than 12 May 2023 before 16:00 hours, PretoriaLocal Time.
- The submission must specifically mention the title of the consultancy being applied