The Orange-Senqu River Commission (ORASECOM) (the Recipient) has received financing grant from its State Parties towards the cost of the Preparation of the Lesotho-Botswana Water Transfer Project (L-BWT) and intends to apply part of the agreed amount to payments under the contracts for the position of the Communication and Knowledge Management Specialist within the Project Management Office (PMO) of the L-BWT, based in Maseru, Lesotho.
Ensure a timely, efficient, effective & robust communication, as well as appropriate management of information and knowledge being generated by the Lesotho-Botswana Water Transfer Project (L-BWT), through: – (i) leadership in Project’s communications and liaison with stakeholders e.g. being responsible for the overall day-to-day communications of the project; having oversight and maintaining communications output standards and quality to adequately represent the project, ORASECOM and the riparian countries in terms of best international practice in all forms of digital and print media; (ii) media liaison e.g. ensuring day-to-day maintenance of regular communications including the web site and social media; ensuring project level interaction related to media resources with external media and communications consultants and agencies; preparing internal and external communications outputs; (iii) stakeholders engagement processes, e.g. mapping of stakeholders, interested and affected parties for all stages and project related activities; liaising with all project related consultants, contractors, international development partners and other parties; preparing regular news bulletins/sheets on the project, targeted at stakeholders and interested parties; and (iv) knowledge Management e.g. documentation of successes, challenges and lessons being learnt during the implementation of the project; and monitoring and evaluation of the knowledge sharing, including external benchmarking, with projects of the same nature and complexity. The successful candidate will report to the Project Coordinator, at the PMO.
- At least a Degree in Communications, Mass Communications, Public Relations and other relevant field like Journalism;
- At least 7 years’ post-graduate experience with organisation’s operations and business tools addressing project communication aspects;
- Work Experience in stakeholders’ consultation/engagement strategies, plans and their implementations; water resources development experience would be an added advantage.
- Experience in quality management systems for project document and knowledge information management systems;
- Experience in public relations to deal with disputes on labour, expropriation of land, compensation, community and institutional issues;
- Communications: ability to explain complex concepts in layman’s language;
- Stakeholder Orientation: understands stakeholder needs and concerns, responds promptly and effectively;
- Ability of Working in a Team; and
- Prior experience in a similar role and familiarity with the Orange-Senqu River Basin will be an added advantage.
- Term: Nine months contract, renewable based on performance and possibility of extension of the project (tentatively estimated to cover the period April 2023 to December 2023;
- Payment: A cost-to-the-company monthly remuneration will be negotiated with the successful candidate based on budget and experience;
- Duty Station: The position will be based at the PMO office, to be established in Maseru, Lesotho. The ORASECOM Secretariat will help with obtaining of a work permit for a successful candidate, if required. The successful candidate will therefore be required to reside in Maseru at his or her own cost; and
- Application Submissions: Interested candidates should submit their applications and comprehensive CVs to: firstname.lastname@example.org; copy: email@example.com not later than 28 February 2023. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.