SAP Project Coordinator Detailed Terms of References.pdf
Jul 8 2021
POSITION: PROJECT COORDINATOR
POSITION LEVEL: SENIOR MANAGEMENT
PLACE OF WORK: CENTURION, PRETORIA
REPORTS TO: Executive Secretary, ORASECOM
REPORTING POSITIONS: 3
The Orange Senqu River Commission (ORASECOM) was established in November 2000 following of the signing of the agreement between four States (Botswana, Lesotho, Namibia and South Africa. The Commission advises the state Parties on the development, utilization and conservation of water resources of the Orange Senqu River. ORASECOM, with support from UNDP, managed to secure further financial support from GEF to implement selected priority activities of SAP. The UNDP-GEF project titled, Support to the Orange-Senqu River Strategic Action Programme Implementation, is being implemented by UNDP and executed by ORASECOM for 5 years from May 2019 to support ORASECOM and its state Parties to implement SAP.
2.0 Job Purpose:
The Project Coordinator will head the Project Coordination Unit (PCU), housed in the ORASECOM Secretariat, located in Centurion, South Africa. The Project Coordinator shall be responsible for the overall delivery of the project within the specified time and budget. The Project Coordinator shall also have the overall responsibility for the project staff and day-to-day running of the PCU. The Project Coordinator will be supervised by the ORASECOM Executive Secretary. He/She will be responsible for liaison with UNDP
This position is only open to persons with work experience in an African River basins especially in the SADC region.
- Summary of Key functions of the position:
- The Project Coordinator (PC) shall be responsible for the overall coordination and delivery of all aspects of the UNDP-GEF- ORASECOM Project
- He/she shall liaise directly with designated officials of the state Parties, other Members of the PSC, the GEF Implementing Agency (UNDP), the GEF Executing Agency (ORASECOM), UNDP Regional and Country Offices, existing and potential additional project donors, National Focal Points, and others as deemed appropriate and necessary by the PSC or by the Project Coordinator him/herself.
- Personal Specifications Education:
Graduate and Master’s degree(s) in a subject(s) related to the assignment (water resources management, environmental management, natural resources economics etc.).
Working knowledge from the SADC Region or any African Region.
- Minimum of 7 years relevant professional experience, including at minimum 7 years in IWRM, institutional and policy matters related to water and/or natural resources management.
- Experience in ecosystem-based management, surface and groundwater resources and conjunctive management and other fields related to implementation of the SAP will be an advantage.
- Experience in transboundary water resources management is very important and experience in the Orange-Senqu Basin will be an advantage.
- Experience in managing a donor-funded, multi-million-dollar project(s). Experience in managing water resources management related project at a transboundary scale would be considered as a strong asset.
- Understanding of Results-Based Management and monitoring and evaluation concepts and principles.
3.0 General requirement for all above positions:
Excellent command of English in both writing and speaking is required.
Send your Updated Curriculum vitae and covering letter addressed to:
The Executive Secretary,
Centurion, South Africa
Deadline: 23rd July 2021
For more detailed Terms of Reference, check on the ORASECOM Website: www.orasecom.org
Women candidates are especially encouraged to apply.
(Link opens in new window)
Adode PDF file