Call for Consultants: Water Resources Quality Monitoring System Orange River Mouth Rehabilitation; Public-Private Partnerships; Payment for Ecosystem Services
Mar 22 2021
The Orange-Senqu River Commission (ORASECOM) secured funding from the Global Environment Fund (GEF) through the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) to implement a project which seeks to strengthen joint management capacity for the basin-wide Integrated Water Resources Management (IWRM) implementation and demonstrating environmental and socioeconomic benefits of ecosystem-based approach to water resources management through the implementation of Strategic Action Programme (SAP) priority actions in the Orange-Senqu River.
ORASECOM invites eligible consultants/ consulting firms who are interested to bid for the following consultancies to submit technical and financial bids. Interested consultants must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services (brochures, description of similar assignments, experience in similar conditions, appropriate skills, budget.). Consultants may constitute consortiums to enhance their chances of qualification.
- Consultants are required for the following consultancies:
- Establishment of a Basin-Wide Water Resources Quality Monitoring System for the Orange -Senqu River Basin
- Development of Innovative Private Public Partnership Schemes under the auspices of ORASECOM
- Development of Paying for Ecosystem Services Schemes in the Orange -Senqu River Basin
- Implementation of Activities to Rehabilitate the Orange – Senqu River Mouth by Undertaking Activities Identified in the Baseline Study
- The terms of reference for the above consultancies can be downloaded at the bottom of this page.
- The estimated duration of the services differs, and the relevant information can be found on the Terms of Reference for the specific consultancy.
- Interested consultants may obtain further information by contacting the email or telephone/mobile numbers in the Terms of Reference during the day: 09:00 to 16:00 hours, Pretoria Local Time and before the stipulated deadline.
- Technical and Financial Proposals must be received by email not later than the stipulated date in the Terms of Reference of the specific consultancy. The submission must specifically mention the title of the consultancy being applied for as referenced above.